One of the key components of e-cigarettes is the s-juice that creates the vapour. They come in many different flavours and strengths.
It is important that users are aware however that their e-cigarettes and the substances that go in them are not toys and should be treated with the proper precaution and regard for safety to prevent accidents.
If you’re wondering what the potential hazards are with e-liquids and how to avoid safety pitfalls then read on below to find out more.
What is it?
E-liquids are just the juice that is heated and vaporised in the e-cigarette. They come in a few different combinations and many different flavours but generally there are two types with three to four main ingredients each.
Propylene glycol is a common type of electronic cigarette liquid base, it is a tasteless and odourless substance generally considered to be safe.
Vegetable glycerine is another common e-juice base which is common in food and cosmetics. It is classified as safe for human consumption.
Most e-liquids will also contain flavouring, whilst some will contain a small percentage of nicotine.
What do you need to be aware of?
Whilst e-liquids are relatively safe in their vapour form, they can be very toxic in their liquid form. It is extremely important to keep e-juice cartridges and e-cigarette containing e-liquid in a safe place out of reach from children and pets.
If you come into contact with it in its pure form you should seek medical advice and visit a doctor.
There are a few safety warning to keep in mind when handling substances, if you take careful note you should have no problems. It is always good to be aware of potential hazards and dangers.
- The nicotine contained in some e-juice’s is an addictive substance
- Nicotine can be toxic and it is possible to overdose from nicotine
- E-cig substances can be toxic when they come into direct contact with the skin
- E-liquids can be dangerous when inhaled in high doses
- It is dangerous to swallow e-juice
- E-juice can cause skin irritation and rash
- E-juice shouldn’t be used when pregnant or breastfeeding
- E-juice can have a negative impact on aquatic environments and kill aquatic animals
- If a e-cig substance comes into contact with your eyes, nose or mouth rinse immediately with soap and water and seek medical advice
Precautions to take:
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to preventing accidents with e-liquids and ensuring that you are using them in a safe manner. When it comes to your personal safety and the safety of others around you it is important that you ensure any cartridges or containers of the substance are kept in a secure, high place that is out of reach for children or pets.
E-liquids should not be used by anyone below the age of 18.
You should be prepared in the event of an accident; if the e-liquid is accidentally swallowed or comes into contact with the skin make sure you get medical help to address the problem.
The containers and cartridges themselves must be disposed of safely to prevent potential accidental harm to the environment or others. The nicotine can be very toxic in its pure form and can do serious damage in certain environments; cartridges should not be carelessly disposed of.
The best precaution you can take when using e-juice is to understand the dangers involved and to know to seek medical advice in urgent situations.
Generally using substances to create vapour is very safe, as long as the user is aware and takes the necessary precautions.
Latest posts by Martin B. (see all)
- 5 Things To Consider While Buying Weed Online - September 13, 2019
- CBD Edibles vs. Vaping: The Facts You Need to Know - September 13, 2019
- How To Check Your eJuice Expiration Date? - September 10, 2019